Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fab 4 Reflection

The Fab 4 was an assignment where we, as students, were able to use our Children's Literature textbook, "The Joy of Children's Literature" by Denise Johnson, to analyze chapters in the book that we found informational and interesting to us. The 4 chapters that I chose were Picturebooks: Beyond Words and Illustrations, Traditional Literature, Poetry, and Diverse Perspectives in Children's Literature. With each chapter, we were to analyze the chapter as a whole, critical issues, teaching connections and list 3 books that embraced that category; picturebook, 3rd-4th grade and 5th-6th grade literature.
What I learned from the Fab 4 was how to analyze various genres of literature and have more of an appreciation for such. Such analyzation has immersed myself and broadened my eyes to new aspects of literature. I hope that when I am a teacher, I can introduce literature to my students in this engaging and knowledgeable way.

No comments:

Post a Comment